Save the Date
Okanagan, April 3, 2019 – While Le Dîner en Blanc in Paris marked its 30 years in 2018, this year marks the 7th edition of Le Dîner en Blanc – Okanagan. This elegant and secret affair has become THE foodie event of the year! On Thursday, July 4th at a new secret location, more than 1200 guest are awaited to dine and dance under the stars.
Participation to this unique event happens in three stages: Phase 1 is for members from the previous year; Phase 2 is for new members who are referred by Phase I attendees; and Phase 3 is for people who signed up on the waiting list. To be part of this unique night, people can sign up now at register.dinerenblanc.com/okanagan.
Le Dîner en Blanc – Okanagan organizers are working with a number of local partners and collaborators this summer to make the night even more magical. Guests can fill up their picnic basket with catering by The Harvest Golf Club catering team, decorate their table with flowers from Sweet Dee’s Flowers and most importantly the beautiful and memorable secret location.
Every summer in cities around the world, thousands of people dressed entirely in white descend on a landmark public space with everything they need for an elegant soirée in tow, including folding table and chairs, gourmet picnic food, fine china, silverware, and tablecloth. Over the course of the evening, the guests eat and celebrate amid live music and dancing. Many spend weeks in advance planning their menus and the white ensemble. The event offers the perfect occasion to express their unique fashion and design style; the often elaborate and creative outfits, fantastical hats, and decorative table settings are always a fabulous spectacle.
To maintain the uniqueness of Le Dîner en Blanc as well as staying true to tradition, guests must observe certain requirements and follow a few key rules:
- Once confirmed, each guest’s participation becomes mandatory, regardless of weather conditions. This is a rain or shine event.
- Dress code: elegant and white only. Originality is encouraged as long as it is stylish and tasteful.
- Table setting: all white!
- Champagne and/or wine. Beer and hard liquor are prohibited.
- To ensure that the location secret is kept undisclosed until last minute, guests meet at assigned departure location and are escorted by a Dîner en Blanc volunteer.
- In order to leave the event location as clean as when they arrived, guests are required to leave with all their belongings, leftovers and litter.
Guests must bring
- A table, two white chairs, white tablecloth.
- A picnic basket comprising fine food and proper stemware and white dinnerware.
- A catered picnic basket option, which can be picked up on site, will be available for those who do not wish to pack their own. Guests wishing to do so must reserve online through Le Dîner en Blanc’s e-store.
Le Dîner en Blanc – Okanagan gratefully acknowledges 50th Parallel Estate Winery and Quinta Ferriera Estate Winery as an official local partners and JP Chenet as National Partner of the 2019 edition of Le Dîner en Blanc.
About the Hosts of Le Dîner en Blanc – Okanagan
Le Diner en Blanc – Okanagan is hosted by two well-known names in both the food and wine industry and events management. Alison Love from Spatula Media + Communications has been working in the restaurant, food and wine industry in the Okanagan Valley for over a decade. Christina Ferreira of Impact Events has over 15 years experience in event management.
To keep up to date on event announcements, visit okanagan.dinerenblanc.com or
#dinerenblanc #DEBokanagan2019 #dinerenblancokanagan
Leave a CommentLogin
Please log to your Member account to write on the wall: