The City's Largest Dinner Party Returns to the Okanagan Valley
Kelowna, May 1 – A leading summer event in Paris for the past 30 years, this elegant and secret affair is now well on its way to becoming THE foodie event of the year! On Thursday, July 5th, Le Dîner en Blanc – Okanagan will take place at a secret location.
Participation to this unique event happens in three stages: Phase 1 is for members who attended the previous year; Phase 2 is for new members who are referred by Phase I attendees; and Phase 3 is for people who signed up on the waiting list. Register now at okanagan.dinerenblanc.com/register.
Every summer in cities around the world, thousands of people dressed entirely in white descend on a landmark public space with everything they need for an elegant soirée in tow, including folding table and chairs, gourmet picnic food, fine china, silverware, and tablecloth. Over the course of the evening, the guests eat and celebrate amid music and dancing. Many spend weeks in advance planning their menus and the white ensemble. The event offers the perfect occasion to express their unique fashion and design style; the often elaborate and creative outfits, fantastical hats, and decorative table settings are always a fabulous spectacle.
"It's exciting to host our 6th annual Le Diner en Blanc in Okanagan. We feel it's become a signature event of the summer and it's exciting to see some of our guests return year after year. It's almost like a family reunion when we get our guests together for dinner and an evening under the stars" states co-organizer Alison Love.
To maintain the uniqueness of Le Dîner en Blanc as well as staying true to tradition, guests must observe certain requirements and follow a few key rules:
- Once confirmed, each guest’s participation becomes mandatory, regardless of weather conditions. This is a rain or shine event.
- Dress code: elegant and white only. Originality is encouraged as long as it is stylish and tasteful.
- Table setting: all white!
- Champagne and/or wine. Beer and hard liquor are prohibited.
- As per British Columbia alcohol laws, guests cannot bring their own alcohol. Guests wishing to enjoy some wine must reserve online through the Dîner en Blanc’s e-store. However, guests are welcome to bring their own non-alcoholic beverages.
- To ensure that the location secret is kept undisclosed until last minute, guests meet at assigned departure location and are escorted by a Dîner en Blanc volunteer.
- In order to leave the event location as clean as when they arrived, guests are required to leave with all their belongings, leftovers and litter.
Guests must bring
- A table, two white chairs, white tablecloth.
- A picnic basket comprising fine food and proper stemware and white dinnerware.
- A catered picnic basket option, which can be picked up on site, will be available for those who do not wish to pack their own. Guests wishing to do so must reserve online through Dîner en Blanc website during the initial ticket registration.
- Non-alcoholic beverages.
For full details on the event’s rules and regulations, please visit okanagan.dinerenblanc.com.
Le Diner en Blanc – Okanagan gratefully acknowledges J.P. Chenet Ice as national partner of the 2018 Canadian Le Diner en Blanc series.
About the Hosts of Le Dîner en Blanc – Okanagan
Le Dîner en Blanc – Okanagan is hosted by two well-known names in both the food and wine industry and events management. Alison Love from Spatula Media + Communications has been working in the restaurant, food and wine industry in the Okanagan Valley for over a decade. Christina Ferreira of Impact Events has over 15 years experience in event management.
About Le Dîner en Blanc de Paris – 30th Anniversary
On June 3, 2018, Le Dîner en Blanc de Paris will mark its 30th anniversary! Launched in Paris in 1988 by François Pasquier and a handful of friends, Le Dîner en Blanc has become a worldwide epicurean phenomenon. To mark this year special occasion and for the first time in its history, Le Dîner en Blanc enthusiasts from all over the world are invited to take part in this unique soiree by signing up on the waiting list at paris30anniversary.dinerenblanc.com.
About Dîner en Blanc International
What was a “friends and word-of-mouth only” event has grown into an international sensation celebrated on six continents. While the technology behind the event may have changed over the years, the principles fueling this fantastic event have not: guests continue to gather at a secret location for the sole purpose of sharing a gourmet meal with good friends in one of their city’s most beautiful public spaces. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in Montreal, Canada, Dîner en Blanc International is responsible for developing this secret posh picnic in close to 80 cities in 30 countries around the world. Each event is headed by passionate local organizers who fell in love with the concept and wanted to bring it to their city, giving this rendezvous a local flair. For more info, photos and videos of Dîner en Blanc events from around the world, visit dinerenblanc.com.
Leave a CommentLogin
Please log to your Member account to write on the wall: