WE ARE SOLD OUT!
This year approximately 1100 guests, dressed in white, will descend on a secret location on Thursday, July 7th.
True to tradition ‘ Diner en Blanc’ will see groups of 100 – 300 people gather in specific rallying points in Kelowna, West Kelowna, Vernon and Penticton. These groups will then converge on one of the most beautiful settings in the valley. Guests are asked to dress elegantly in white, from head to toe, bring their own picnic basket, tables, chairs, fine china, silverware and a white tablecloth. Over the course of the evening, the diners eat and celebrate amid live music, and dancing. Visually breathtaking moments include the waving of a cloth napkin to mark the beginning of the dinner, as well as the lighting of sparklers to let participants know they are now free to circulate, mingle and dance. When the trumpet call sounds the end of the evening, guests pack up their crystal, dinnerware and tables, pick up all their litter and head into the night, leaving behind no sign of their elegant revelry.
Chef Ross Derrick of The Table at Codfathers Seafood Market and Chef Jason Leizert of Salted Brick are both providing beautifully prepared three-course meals for those who choose not to cook taking some of the planning stress off the guests. Many guests prefer to pair up with friends each preparing a course and creating a picnic potluck dinner party. Guests will also enjoy wines from Haywire Winery and Quinta Ferreira Estate Winery.
Key rules of the event
- Dîner en Blanc is unique due to its requirements. The seating layout on the public site is very specific and the site chosen is typically in one of the most beautiful parts of the city, where diners can “see and be seen.”
- To participate, guests must be invited by a member from the previous year or get on the official website’s waiting list.
- Once confirmed, each guest’s participation becomes mandatory, regardless of weather conditions, as the event goes ahead rain or shine.
- Colour of attire and table setting: white only.
- Participants arrive and depart by chartered bus or organized public transit.
- Guests leave with their belongings, leftovers and litter, leaving the place as clean as it was when they arrived.
Leave a CommentLogin
Please log to your Member account to write on the wall: